Music Theory is the study of written music. As we teach all students how to play an instrument from a musical score; it’s important to include this class. We teach applied theory which is to practically apply elements as they are taught.
Depending on the group, we have performed as an ensemble in the concerts. Students are expected to sing and work with Kodaly principals during the class, and students deemed to be ready, are offered an exam with the ABRSM.
A workbook may be required; students must supply manuscript, and pencil with rubber.
The School examines with ABRSM.
Examinations are entered at the discretion of the teacher.
- Learn the Wicklow way
- Learn from our experienced tutors.
- Kodaly principal
- Suitable for beginners up to advanced level musicians.
- Course content designed by excellent pianists.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
All our tutors will teach music theory as part of the class.
- Glenealy: €25 per 30 minute individual lesson plus annual registration fee €35
- East Glendalough School: €25 per 30 minute individual lesson plus annual registration fee €35
- Delgany/Newcastle: €25 per 30 minute individual lesson plus annual registration fee €35
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 28
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes